Job Title: Commercial Estimator
Primary Location: Fraser Valley – Abbotsford, BC
Job Status: Full-Time - Permanent
Summit Brooke Construction is a privately-owned general contractor specializing in commercial and multi-family construction. With an empowered passionate team of professionals, we oversee the complete construction process.
Together with our partners at Primex Investments and Pacific Cove Properties, we are seeking a skilled Commercial Estimator to join our growing team here in beautiful British Columbia. Reporting to the Director of Pre-Construction, this role requires strong construction estimation skills including extensive knowledge of construction methods and systems, as well as by-laws, codes, and the strong ability to read and interpret blueprints, drawings, and specifications. If you feel you have what it takes to be directly responsible for analyzing construction documents, and preparing quantity and cost estimates for materials, labour and equipment – a critical component of Summit Brooke's ongoing success – then we want to hear from you.
What you are great at doing:
- Working closely with clients, subcontractors, Project Managers and other on the project team to cost out projects.
- Participating in project development activities to secure projects.
- Participating in project scheduling activities and providing input on achieving pre-construction activities.
- Assisting with the development of project strategies that meets required performance, schedule and profitability targets.
- Ensuring pre-construction activities are achieved.
- Preparing tender documents and trade scopes prior to tendering.
- Managing the tender process to ensure the best value and quality for Summit Brooke and its clients.
- Preparing and managing project budgets during design.
- Working closely with the Project Manager in awarding sub-trade contracts.
- Attending meetings with the owner and consultants, and being comfortable providing input.
- Identifying, addressing and resolving issues as or before they occur.
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with clients, consultants, suppliers, and trades.
- Working in a team environment and respecting the high standards of cultural and ethical values of Summit Brooke Construction.
What you need to be successful:
- Diploma or degree from an accredited program; BCIT Construction Estimating Certificate or similar preferred.
- 2 years hands-on experience in commercial estimating.
- Experience working with estimating software programs; competency with MS Office & MS Project; SmartBid, Planswift considered an asset.
- Able to forge, grow, and maintain positive relationships.
- Able to manage multiple, concurrent priorities simultaneously, and meet time demands of unpredicted activities.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and strong commitment to achieving goals.
- Handle pressure and changes in demand of a dynamic business environment.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- High attention to detail, and degree of accuracy.
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a positive attitude.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
Why choose us?
- We are a growing company with an exciting pipeline of projects.
- We take pride in the diverse mix of personalities that make Summit Brooke a quality organization.
- We foster a positive work environment by recognizing the efforts of our staff.
- We promote a balanced work/family lifestyle.
- We aim to be the best.
I understand that checks of my personal background are essential to determine my suitability for Pacific Cove Property Management Ltd. These background checks will include the following elements:
1/ A search of publicly available records (including social media, court records, news reports, etc.)
2/ Professional reference checks
In connection with this process, I consent to the background search elements described above.