Job Title: Construction Manager
Primary Location: Vancouver, BC
Job Status: Full-Time, Permanent
Primex Investments Ltd. (Primex) is a Vancouver-based real estate investment company founded in Vancouver in 1972. With more than $500 million in assets under management and almost 150 staff province-wide, Primex is the leader in the development and operation of multi-family residential rental housing in BC.
We are currently seeking a skilled Construction Manager to join our residential development team. Reporting to the VP of Investments, this role will be responsible for the budgeting, organization, implementation, and scheduling of construction projects. If you feel you have what it takes to plan construction projects and oversee their progress along the way in a timely and cost-effective manner, you are a team-player and strong collaborator, we would like to hear from you.
What you are great at doing:
· Overseeing and directing construction phase of projects from start to finish according to schedule, specifications, and budget,
· Reviewing the project in-depth to schedule deliverables and estimate costs, and managing project draws,
· Overseeing the General Contractor to monitor compliance with building and safety regulations,
· Attending monthly progress meetings and reporting back to Primex,
· Ensuring contractual obligations of performance are met,
· Reviewing the work progress on a regular basis,
· Preparing internal and external reports pertaining to job status,
· Planning ahead to prevent problems and resolving any emerging ones,
· Negotiating terms of agreements, drafting contracts, and obtaining permits and licenses,
· Analysing, managing and mitigating risks,
· Conducting due diligence to determine project feasibility
· Ensuring quality construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques.
What you need to be successful:
· Education in construction management, architecture, engineering or related field, considered an asset,
· Proven working experience in construction management; residential multi-family wood-frame, preferably,
· Advanced knowledge of construction management processes, means and methods,
· Expert knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality assurance standards,
· Understanding of all facets of the construction process,
· Ability to plan and see the "big picture", as well as being detail-oriented,
· Competent in conflict and crisis management, passionate, and malleable,
· Leadership, excellent time and project management skills.
Why choose us:
· We are a growing company with an exciting pipeline of projects,
· We are a supportive team which thrives on collaboration and innovation,
· We regularly engage in fun corporate social activities and charitable events,
· We provide our team with a comprehensive extended health plan,
· We are pet friendly, Bring Fido!
I understand that checks of my personal background are essential to determine my suitability for Pacific Cove Property Management Ltd. These background checks will include the following elements:
1/ A search of publicly available records (including social media, court records, news reports, etc.)
2/ Professional reference checks
In connection with this process, I consent to the background search elements described above.