Job Title: Development Analyst
Primary Location: Vancouver, BC
Job Status: Full-Time, Permanent
Primex Investments Ltd. (Primex) is a Vancouver-based real estate investment company founded in Vancouver in 1972. With more than $500 million in assets under management and 150+ staff province wide, Primex is a leader in the development and operation of multi-family residential rental housing in BC.
We are currently seeking a Development Analyst to join the team at our Vancouver head office. Reporting to the Associate Vice-President of Finance, the Development Analyst's primary role will be to monitor and improve the financial performance of all development projects under management. Responsibilities will include:
- Creating and updating development proformas and financial models to measure the financial performance of development projects and assess potential acquisitions;
- Performing background research for new developments and potential acquisitions;
- Managing and tracking development and construction expenses;
- Creating development timelines and tracking development and construction progress.
- Communicating project financial expectations and performance to stakeholders including lenders and investors.
As a small firm with staff specialized in all aspects of real estate management, Primex offers the unique opportunity for the successful candidate to play a role in aspects of the development life cycle beyond those described above. For example, additional responsibilities may include supporting the development manager by attending public engagement sessions relating to development proposals, or supporting the construction manager in coordinating deliverables for construction sites.
If you enjoy working in a fun and fast-paced environment and would like to gain first-hand experience in all aspects of real estate development and finance, we welcome your application.
What you need to be successful:
- 2 or more years of commercial real estate experience;
- A diploma or degree in Real Estate, Urban Land Economics, or Finance;
- Creativity in solving problems;
- Attention to detail and organizational skills;
- A high level of self motivation;
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written;
- A desire to work collaboratively in a team environment; and
- Experience working with Excel.
Why choose us:
- We offer the unique opportunity to get in on the ground floor, gain experience in all aspects of the development process, and grow with the company;
- We emphasize collaboration, innovation, and a strong life-work balance;
- We regularly engage in fun corporate social activities and charitable events; and
- We provide our team with a comprehensive extended health plan.