Job Title: Property Accountant
Primary Location: Vancouver, BC
Job Status: Full-Time, Permanent
Primex Investments Ltd. (Primex) is a BC-owned and operated real estate investment, development, and property management company located in Vancouver, BC. Since 1972, Primex has provided rental accommodation to almost 3,000 families and individuals in Metro Vancouver, the Fraser Valley, Vancouver Island, and the Okanagan. Our in-house cross-functional teams include acquisitions, development, construction, marketing, leasing and property management. With more than $500 million in assets under management, and 150+ staff province wide, Primex is a leader in the development and operation of multi-family residential rental housing in BC.
We are currently seeking a Property Accountant to join the team at our Vancouver head office. Reporting to the AVP of Accounting, this role will be responsible for the day-to-day accounting of a portfolio of multi-family residential properties. If you enjoy working in a fun and fast-paced environment and have a passion for the residential property management and development industry, then we welcome your application.
What you are great at doing:
- Working as part of a team to manage the property accounting for $500 million in assets under management.
- Completing full-cycle accounting and month-end close for residential rental properties
- Bank reconciliations as required.
- Processing monthly and year end journal entries, adjustments and accruals.
- Maintaining balance sheet working papers and reconciliations.
- Providing financial budgeting assistance.
- Assisting in annual audit and Real Estate Council of BC trust audit requirements.
- Preparing working papers and support for annual T2 and T5013 tax filings.
- Preparing and processing property management fees and related fees from the property management agreement.
- Communicating effectively and professionally with internal departments and external shareholders, financial institutions, vendors, and legal teams.
- Building policies and procedures, and creating framework.
What you need to be successful:
- Holds a CPA designation, or working towards CPA designation.
- 3-5 years of experience in property accounting or general accounting.
- Highly organized, attentive to detail, self-starting problem solver.
- Ability to work with constantly changing priorities and managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Self-motivated, energetic, and keenly interested in all aspects of property management accounting.
- Experience in MS Dynamics 365 or equivalent property management/development accounting software.
Why choose us:
- We are a supportive team which thrives on collaboration and innovation.
- We have an exciting pipeline of projects.
- We regularly engage in fun corporate social activities and charitable events.
- We provide our team with a comprehensive extended health plan.
I understand that checks of my personal background are essential to determine my suitability for Pacific Cove Property Management Ltd. These background checks will include the following elements:
1/ A search of publicly available records (including social media, court records, news reports, etc.)
2/ Professional reference checks
In connection with this process, I consent to the background search elements described above.