Job Title: Development Accountant
Primary Location: Vancouver, BC
Job Status: Full-Time, Permanent
Primex Investments Ltd. (Primex) is a Vancouver-based real estate investment company founded in Vancouver in 1972. With more than $500 million in assets under management and 150+ staff province wide, Primex is a leader in the development and operation of multi-family residential rental housing in BC.
We are currently seeking a Development Accountant to join the team at our Vancouver head office. Reporting to the AVP of Accounting, this role will play a key role in accounting for multiple concurrent multi-family development projects for our expanding residential rental portfolio. If you enjoy working in a fun and fast-paced environment and have a passion for the residential property management and development industry, then we welcome your application.
What you are great at doing:
- Working as part of a team to manage the project accounting for $20+ million property development projects,
- Delivering and completing accurate multi-year draw requests to support cash management objectives,
- Completing all time-sensitive deliverables accurately, including loan draws and monthly financial reports,
- Tracking holdbacks and holdback releases in accordance with provincial lien holdback legislation,
- Ensuring development fees are properly calculated and paid in a timely manner,
- Coordinating with development team to track and report projected cash needs for all projects, including those in pre-construction phase,
- Monitoring project costs, reviewing, and explaining variances,
- Maintaining the GL, allocating job costs appropriately, and paying invoices in timely manner,
- Completing full-cycle accounting and month-end close,
- Communicating effectively and professionally with internal departments and external shareholders, financial institutions, vendors, and legal teams,
- Building policies and procedures, and creating framework,
- Other duties as assigned.
What you need to be successful:
- Holds a CPA designation,
- 3-5 years of experience in development, project, and/or cost accounting,
- Highly organized, attentive to detail, self-starting problem solver,
- Ability to work with constantly changing priorities and managing multiple projects simultaneously,
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written,
- Self-motivated, energetic, and keenly interested in all aspects of property development accounting,
- Experience in MS Dynamics 365 or equivalent property management/development accounting software.
Why choose us:
- We are a supportive team which thrives on collaboration and innovation,
- We have an exciting pipeline of projects,
- We regularly engage in fun corporate social activities and charitable events,
- We provide our team with a comprehensive extended health plan,
- We are pet friendly, Bring Fido!
I understand that checks of my personal background are essential to determine my suitability for Primex Investments Ltd. These background checks will include the following elements:
1/ A search of publicly available records (including social media, court records, news reports, etc.)
2/ Professional reference checks
In connection with this process, I consent to the background search elements described above.