General Maintenance Person
Job Title: General Maintenance Person
Primary Location: Fraser Valley - Abbotsford, BC
Job status: Full-Time, Part-Time, Hourly, Permanent
Pacific Cove Properties is a BC-owned and operated property management company providing rental accommodation to almost 3000 families and individuals in communities throughout British Columbia, including Metro Vancouver, the Fraser Valley, Vancouver Island, and the Okanagan.
We are currently seeking a skilled General Maintenance Person to join our residential maintenance team. If you feel you have what it takes to deliver outstanding non-technical general building maintenance, minor repairs, and cosmetic updates to our building and units, then we would like to hear from you. This role will be servicing our residential new build site in Abbotsford, BC.
What you are great at doing:
- General building maintenance under close supervision.
- Grounds, maintenance and minor repair work.
- General labour work as assigned by property and resident management team, including loading, unloading, moving materials and running errands.
- Painting and drywall patching.
- Replacing light bulbs/lamps and cleans fixtures.
- Moving furniture.
- Responding quickly to emergency situations and tenant concerns.
- Monitoring landscaping, common area and parking facilities.
- Performing some janitorial duties as needed.
- Complying with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and company directives as related to building operations and practices safe work habits.
What you need to be successful:
- Knowledge of proper use of equipment, materials and supplies used in maintenance work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to communicate effectively.
- Able to work independently.
- May be required to work extended periods of time without relief when responding to priority/emergency situations.
- May require shift work and/or on call duties.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1-2 years of experience in facilities and building maintenance.
- Pass criminal background requirements.
- Must have valid drivers license, clean driving record, and reliable vehicle.
I understand that checks of my personal background are essential to determine my suitability for Pacific Cove Property Management Ltd. These background checks will include the following elements:
1/ A search of publicly available records (including social media, court records, news reports, etc.)
2/ Professional reference checks
In connection with this process, I consent to the background search elements described above.