Licensed Property Manager
Job Title: Licensed Property Manager
Primary Location: Metro Vancouver, Fraser Valley or Vancouver Island, BC
Job Status: Full-Time, Permanent
Pacific Cove Property Management Ltd. is a BC-owned and operated property management company that provides rental accommodation to almost 3000 families and individuals in Metro Vancouver, the Fraser Valley, Vancouver Island, and the Okanagan.
We are currently seeking a Property Manager to join the team at our head office. Reporting to the Managing Broker, this role will be repsonsible for overseeing a portfolio of multi-family and commercial units. If you are a natural people person, and confident in the BC Residential Tenancy Act and property management industry trends; then we welcome your application.
What you are great at doing:
- Managing a portfolio of 500-800 residential and commercial units; seamlessly.
- Ensuring your buildings are safe and clean, and are operating in line with financial expectations.
- Leading a team of 15-20 site employees; ensuring that they are timely and efficient with daily building responsibilities.
- Reviewing all lease-related paperwork to ensure timeliness and accuracy.
- Managing and liaising with commercial and retail tenants on complex commercial tenancies.
- Working with the head office team, providing operations and variance commentary where appropriate.
- Budgeting and sourcing subcontractors, and authorizing purchase orders.
- Recommending course of action for maintenance, repairs and capital requirement of managed portfolio.
- Responding to building emergencies, as required.
- Acting as a leader and corporate source of knowledge for RTB-related questions, and complex building and tenancy related issues.
- Assisting with the preparation, and attending RTB hearings and arbitrations.
- Being hands-on, and unafraid to do anything to keep your portfolio running smoothly.
- Being readily available and successful at handling unpredictable circumstances in a calm and professional manner.
- Performing ad-hoc property management duties, as assigned.
What you need to be successful:
- Have a valid Rental Property Management license from the Real Estate Council of British Columbia.
- Self-starter with the ability to succeed independently.
- A steadfast professional attitude with a desire to perform to the best of your abilities.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in residential and commercial property management, in BC.
- Firm understanding of the Residential Tenancy Act.
- Successfully pass a background/criminal record check.
- Hold a valid BC Driver’s License, have a clean driving record, and be willing to travel throughout BC.
- Proven mid-level computer and reporting skills.
- Fluent in the English language, both written and verbal (2nd language an asset but not required).
Why choose us:
- We are a supportive team which thrives on collaboration and innovation.
- We have an exciting pipeline of projects.
- We regularly engage in fun corporate social activities and charitable events.
- We provide our team with a comprehensive extended health plan.
I understand that checks of my personal background are essential to determine my suitability for Pacific Cove Property Management Ltd. These background checks will include the following elements:
1/ A search of publicly available records (including social media, court records, news reports, etc.)
2/ Professional reference checks
In connection with this process, I consent to the background search elements described above.