Mid-Island Leasing Agent
Job Title: Mid – Island Leasing Agent
Primary Location: Nanaimo / Vancouver Island
Job status: Full Time
Pacific Cove Properties is a BC-owned and operated property management company providing rental accommodation to nearly 3000 individuals and families in communities throughout British Columbia, including Metro Vancouver, the Fraser Valley, Vancouver Island, and the Okanagan.
We are currently looking for a skilled Leasing Agent to join our Mid-Island residential leasing team. Reporting to the Sales and Marketing Manager, the Leasing Agent will be responsible for the leasing of a selection of existing, and newly constructed residential buildings on Vancouver Island. This position requires great time management, communication, and organization skills to successfully perform the responsibilities assigned. If you are a people person, enjoy building relationships, and are excited to provide a leasing experience that is next to none, then we welcome your application.
What you are great at doing:
- Leasing existing and newly constructed residential buildings in Nanaimo, Victoria, and surrounding areas,
- Responding to incoming prospect inquiries and engaging with prospects to understand needs, in order to lease to desirable tenants in a timely manner,
- Facilitating showings and screening of potential tenants,
- Documenting all prospect interactions in the appropriate database system or software,
- Assisting marketing team with signage, advertising initiatives, email campaigns, and social media,
- Ensuring suites are properly advertised, electronically and in print,
- Assisting Sales and Marketing Manager with market research and promoting current market initiatives and incentives,
- Completing necessary leasing paperwork, and assisting with coordination of tenant move-ins,
- Promoting, maintaining, and ensuring an excellent tenant experience from initial contact, through screening process, to move-in day,
- Managing assistant leasing staff, and assisting with hiring and training as required,
- A willingness and ability to work remotely and travel occasionally if required,
- Other duties as assigned.
What you need to be successful:
- Minimum 1-3 years leasing or sales experience
- Experience in real estate sales, management, or leasing
- Understanding of the Rental Tenancy Act
- Strong computer skills: MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook (CRM experience considered an asset)
- Fluent in the English language, both written and verbal
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication and strong sales skills
- Ability to exercise tact, diplomacy, and confidentiality at all times
- Availability to work weekdays, weekends, and evenings
I understand that checks of my personal background are essential to determine my suitability for Pacific Cove Property Management Ltd. These background checks will include the following elements:
1/ A search of publicly available records (including social media, court records, news reports, etc.)
2/ Professional reference checks
In connection with this process, I consent to the background search elements described above.