Job Title: Portfolio Analyst
Primary Location: Vancouver, BC
Job Status: Full-Time, Permanent
Primex Investments Ltd. (Primex) is a Vancouver-based real estate investment company founded in Vancouver in 1972. With more than $500 million in assets under management and 150+ staff province wide, Primex is a leader in the development and operation of multi-family residential rental housing in BC.
We are currently seeking a Portfolio Analyst to join the team at our Vancouver head office. Reporting to the VP of Investments and the AVP of Finance, this role will support property development and acquisition initiatives. Responsibilities will include creating and updating development pro-forma, underwriting financing opportunities, and evaluating potential acquisitions. If you enjoy working in a fun and fast-paced environment and have a passion for real estate investment, then we welcome your application.
What you are great at doing:
- Financial analysis (preferably in the context of commercial real estate),
- Summarizing portfolio performance and delivering insight for key stakeholders,
- Liaising with lenders and investors using strong writing and presentation acumen,
- Analyzing and reviewing quarterly reports, financial statements, and investment documents,
- Underwriting/evaluating opportunities (financing, investment, acquisition, etc.),
- Performing market research for investment opportunities, evaluating past investment financial performance, gathering data on competitors, and helping interpret the economic backdrop behind investments,
- Other duties as assigned.
What you need to be successful:
- 3 years of commercial real estate experience (asset manager, owner/operator, developer, brokerage, appraisal firm, or lender),
- Diploma/degree in Real Estate, Urban Land Economics, or Finance,
- CFA designation, an asset,
- Attributes of being highly organized, attentive to detail, and a self-starting problem solver,
- Ability to work with constantly changing priorities and manage multiple projects simultaneously,
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written,
- Ability to collaborate with different departments on a regular basis,
- A keen interested in all aspects of property development financing and analysis,
- Experience in MS Dynamics 365 or equivalent software.
Why choose us:
- We are a supportive team which thrives on collaboration and innovation,
- We have an exciting pipeline of projects,
- We regularly engage in fun corporate social activities and charitable events,
- We provide our team with a comprehensive extended health plan.