Job Title: Project Manager
Primary Location: Fraser Valley – Abbotsford, BC
Job Status: Full-Time - Permanent
Summit Brooke Construction is a privately-owned general contractor specializing in commercial and multi-family construction. With an empowered passionate team of professionals, we oversee the complete construction process.
Together with our partners at Primex Investments and Pacific Cove Properties, we are currently seeking an experienced Project Manager to join our growing team here in beautiful British Columbia. If you have a solid understanding of big-ticket residential wood-frame construction, and a passion for project management; then we want to hear from you.
What you are great at doing:
- Planning, organizing, and controlling the activities of our residential projects, for our portfolio of projects.
- Working closely with site supervisors, and the project team to manage overall execution of each project.
- Ensuring client satisfaction and job profitability while meeting project schedules.
- Providing monthly performance status reports including cost forecasts, schedule updates, and cash flow/profitability reporting.
- Negotiating and issuing subcontracts and major purchase orders – monitoring their progress and schedules.
- Preparing and issuing progress applications to owner/client in a timely manner.
- Reviewing and approving subcontractor applications for payment.
- Working in a team environment and ensuring consistent implementation and adherence to the high standard of cultural and ethical values of the Summit Brooke Group of Companies.
- Representing Summit Brooke in a professional manner while keeping the client’s best interests in mind.
What you need to be successful:
- Gold Seal Certification (GSC), preferred.
- 8-10 years experience in residential construction project management.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, including MS Project.
- Experience maintaining positive client relationships, fostering opportunities for future business, leading, and communicating with site supervisors and teams, while managing profitable projects and enhancing operations.
- Experience establishing and maintaining project goals and quality standards with proven experience in delivering successful project timelines and budgets.
- Proven experience leading large project teams.
- Exceptional communication, organization, leadership, and problem resolution skills.
- Experience managing portfolio projects, and proven success achieving profitable projects.
- Bonus: a sound understanding of residential construction estimating.
Why choose us?
- We are a growing company with an exciting pipeline of projects.
- We take pride in the diverse mix of personalities that make Summit Brooke a quality organization.
- We foster a positive work environment by recognizing the efforts of our staff.
- We promote a balanced work/family lifestyle.
- We aim to be the best.
I understand that checks of my personal background are essential to determine my suitability for Pacific Cove Property Management Ltd. These background checks will include the following elements:
1/ A search of publicly available records (including social media, court records, news reports, etc.)
2/ Professional reference checks
In connection with this process, I consent to the background search elements described above.