We are currently seeking a skilled Resident Manager to join our residential building team. Reporting to the Property Manager this role provides regularly scheduled and as needed support for our tenants.
What you are great at doing:
- Collecting and ensure rents are deposited accurately and promptly
- Serving notices in a professional and efficient manner
- Enforcing apartment guidelines
- Ensure vacancies are minimized and advertise vacant suites electronically and in print as required
- Responding to all incoming telephone rental inquiries
- Showing vacant suites to prospective tenants
- Ensuring vacant units are cleaned and ready for move-in
- Adhering to the residential tenancy act
- Maintaining a daily log of calls/emails/showings etc.
- Keeping copies of all letters, notices and other correspondence relating to a tenancy
- Keeping careful record of petty cash
- Addressing minor repairs and plumbing concerns in suites and common areas as required
- Maintaining building fire codes
- Exercising tact, diplomacy, and confidentiality at all times
- Ensuring cleanliness of all common areas, walkways and greenery
What you need to be successful:
- Minimum 2 years property management experience, or experience in a comparative field
- Solid understanding of the Rental Tenancy Act
- Successfully pass a Criminal Check
- Hold a valid BC Driver's Licence (or live within walking distance of the building)
- Proven mid-level computer skills, confident in MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook
- Fluent in the English language, both written and verbal (2nd language an asset, but not required)
- A positive and friendly attitude with staff and tenants.
If you feel you have what it takes to provide our residents with a rental experience that is second to none, you are a people person, and are committed doing whatever it takes to deliver exceptional customer service and support to our tenants, then we welcome your application.