Residential Leasing Agent
Job Title: Residential Leasing Agent
Primary Location: British Columbia
Job status: Full Time - Permanent
Pacific Cove Properties is a BC-owned and operated property management company providing rental accommodation to nearly 3,000 individuals and families in communities throughout British Columbia, including Metro Vancouver, the Fraser Valley, Vancouver Island, and the Okanagan.
We are currently looking for a skilled Residential Leasing Agent to join our residential building team. This position requires great time management, communication, and organization skills to successfully perform the leasing responsibilities assigned. If you are a people person, enjoy building relationships, and are excited to provide a leasing experience that is next to none, then we welcome your application.
What you are great at doing:
- Proactively ensuring vacancies are minimized and that the building is filled with desirable tenants,
- Strategically advertising vacant suites as required, and continually updating information,
- Quickly responding to all incoming telephone rental inquiries. Adhering to a 30-min response time policy for inquiries from tenants, prospective tenants and management,
- Taking applications, and ensuring all information is complete in an organized fashion,
- Diligently verifying references and identification from prospective tenants,
- Responsible for answering incoming prospect phone calls, and emails, in order to educate, attract and rent suites,
- Proactively contacting and following up with site leads and applicants on waiting lists to setup viewings to lease up,
- Emphasizing location, building/suite features and benefits, quoting rental prices, scheduling appointments,
- Showing vacant suites to prospective tenants,
- Promoting current marketing initiatives and incentives to prospective tenants,
- Documenting all prospect interactions in appropriate database/software,
- Proactively qualifying tenants while matching them with suites that properly meet their needs to close the deal,
- Promoting/maintaining/ensuring a strong tenant experience from initial contact, screening processes, to move in day,
- Collaborating with the Sales & Marketing team on any website or ad changes/discrepancies,
- Providing feedback and making marketing requests as needed, to ensure sites are reaching lease-up targets,
- Adhering to the Residential Tenancy Act,
- Maintaining daily log of calls/emails/showings, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you need to be successful:
- Flexible schedule with the availability to work evenings and weekends,
- Minimum 2 years residential leasing experience,
- Solid understanding of the Residential Tenancy Act,
- Successfully pass a background/criminal check,
- Excellent computer skills: confident in MS Office (CRM experience a bonus),
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal,
- Excellent organizational skills and time management,
- Excellent communication and strong sales skills,
- Diligent with response times,
- Exercises tact, diplomacy, and confidentiality at all times.
I understand that checks of my personal background are essential to determine my suitability for Pacific Cove Property Management Ltd. These background checks will include the following elements:
1/ A search of publicly available records (including social media, court records, news reports, etc.)
2/ Professional reference checks
In connection with this process, I consent to the background search elements described above.