Residential Leasing Agent
Job Title: Residential Leasing Agent
Primary Location: Abbotsford, BC
Job status: FT, Salaried
Pacific Cove Properties is a BC-owned and operated property management and real estate development company providing rental accommodation to almost 3000 families and individuals in communities throughout British Columbia, including Metro Vancouver, the Fraser Valley, Vancouver Island, and the Okanagan.
We are currently seeking an experienced Residential Leasing Agent to join the team of a residential rental building in British Columbia. The role of the Leasing Agent is to lease residential rental units to prospective tenants. If you are a people person, and are committed to doing whatever it takes to deliver an exceptional experience to our future residents then we would like to hear from you.
What you are great at doing:
- Responsible for answering incoming prospect phone calls in order to educate, attract and rent suites
- Proactively contact, and follow up with site leads and applicants on waiting lists to set up viewings to lease up the building
- Emphasize location, building suite features and benefits, quote rental prices, and schedule appointments
- Promote current marketing initiatives and incentives to prospective tenants
- Document all prospect interactions in appropriate database or software
- Proactively qualify tenants while matching them with suites that properly meet their needs to close the deal
- Verify tenant references, ID, and file deposits
- Promote/Maintain/Ensure a strong tenant experience from initial contact, screening processes, to move in day
- Collaborate with the Marketing Manager on any website or ad changes/discrepancies
- Provide feedback and make marketing requests as needed to ensure the site is reaching its lease up targets
- Research and summarize market trends and provide updates on competitor behaviour, incentives, and strategies
- Prepare and present all rental/tenant applications for the Resident Manager to review, ensuring all information is complete and accurate
- Ensure vacancies are minimized and that the building is filled with desirable tenants
- Advertise vacant suites electronically and in print as required
- Adhere to 30-min response time during business hours for inquiries from head office, site staff, and prospective tenants
- Show vacant suites to prospective tenants
- Ensure common areas and vacant suites meet cleaning standards on walk through
- Take applications, ensure all information is complete
- Promote, maintain, ensure a strong tenant experience from initial contact, screening processes, to move in day
- Ensure vacant units are cleaned and ready for move-in
- Maintain a detailed individual file for each tenancy, including completed and signed application, condition inspection report, lease agreement, all rent increases, other notices and any other relevant information
- Update CRM and Spark in a timely manner, with careful attention to detail and accuracy
- Maintain a daily log of calls/emails/showings etc.
- File copies of letters, notices and other correspondence relating to a tenancy as required
- Keep careful record of petty cash
- Work with the Resident Manager to post office hours
- Maintain open lines of communication with the Resident Manager, proactively developing teamwork
- Provide vacation coverage as required
- When needed, act as emergency support to the Resident Manager or Assistant Resident Manager
- Assist in the coordination of various tenant retention programs as instructed by designated head office program managers
- Adhering to internal applicant screening policies.
- Adhering to the Residential Tenancy Act.
- Other duties as assigned
What you need to be successful:
- Flexible schedule with the availability to work evenings and weekends.
- Minimum two (2) years of relevant sales or leasing experience.
- Enjoy working in a fun and fast-paced environment.
- Strong computer skills: confident in MS Office (CRM experience considered an asset).
- Fluent in the English language, both written and verbal.
- Excellent organizational, communication and time management skills.
- Ability to exercise tact, diplomacy, and confidentiality at all times.
- Bonus: Solid understanding of the Residential Tenancy Act.
I understand that checks of my personal background are essential to determine my suitability for Pacific Cove Property Management Ltd. These background checks will include the following elements:
1/ A search of publicly available records (including social media, court records, news reports, etc.)
2/ Professional reference checks
In connection with this process, I consent to the background search elements described above.