Residential Leasing Agent
Job Title: Residential Leasing Agent
Primary Location: Fraser Valley – Abbotsford, BC
Job status: Hourly
Pacific Cove Properties is a BC-owned and operated property management company providing rental accommodation to almost 3000 families and individuals in communities throughout British Columbia, including Metro Vancouver, the Fraser Valley, Vancouver Island, and the Okanagan.
We are currently seeking an experienced Residential Leasing Agent to join our residential building team. If you feel you have what it takes to provide our future tenants with a rental experience that is second to none, you are a people person, and are committed to doing whatever it takes to deliver an exceptional lease-up program then we welcome your application.
What you are great at doing:
- Proactively ensuring vacancies are minimized and that the building is filled with desirable tenants,
- Strategically advertising vacant suites and keep information up to date,
- Answering and quickly responding to all incoming rental inquiries,
- Taking applications and ensuring all information is complete, and in an organized fashion,
- Diligently verifying references and IDs of prospective tenants,
- Proactively contacting and following up with site leads and applicants to setup showings to lease-up,
- Emphasizing the location, building suite features and benefits, and quoting rental prices,
- Showing vacant suites to prospective tenants,
- Promoting current marketing initiatives and incentives to prospective tenants,
- Documenting all prospect interactions in appropriate database or software,
- Proactively qualifying tenants while matching them with suites that properly meet their needs,
- Ensuring a strong tenant experience from initial contact, screening processes, to move-in day,
- Collaborating with the Sales & Marketing Manager on any website or ad changes/discrepancies,
- Providing feedback and making marketing requests as needed, to ensure site is reaching lease-up targets,
- Adhering to the Residential Tenancy Act,
- Adhering to a 30-min response time policy for inquiries from tenants, prospective tenants and management,
- Maintaining daily log of calls/emails/showings, etc.,
- Keeping careful record of petty cash,
- Overseeing that common areas, interior and exterior are spotless.
What you need to be successful:
- Flexible schedule with the availability to work evenings and weekends,
- Minimum two (2) years of residential leasing or sales experience,
- An understanding of the Residential Tenancy Act,
- Strong computer skills: confident in MS Office (CRM experience considered an asset),
- Fluent in the English language, both written and verbal,
- Excellent organizational, communication and time management skills,
- Exercising tact, diplomacy, and confidentiality at all times.
I understand that checks of my personal background are essential to determine my suitability for Pacific Cove Property Management Ltd. These background checks will include the following elements:
1/ A search of publicly available records (including social media, court records, news reports, etc.)
2/ Professional reference checks
In connection with this process, I consent to the background search elements described above.