Senior Property Accountant
Job Title: Senior Property Accountant
Primary Location: Vancouver, BC
Job status: Full Time - Permanent
Primex Investments Ltd. (Primex) is a BC-owned and operated real estate investment company. With more than $500 million in assets under management, and 150+ staff province wide, Primex is a leader in the development and operation of multi-family residential rental housing in BC. Founded in 1972, Primex, through its wholly owned property management subsidiary, Pacific Cove Property Management Ltd., provides rental accommodation to almost 3,000 families and individuals in Metro Vancouver, the Fraser Valley, Vancouver Island, and the Okanagan. Our talented in-house team includes specialist in acquisitions, finance, development, construction, marketing, leasing and property management.
We are currently seeking a Senior Property Accountant to join the team at our Vancouver head office. Reporting to the AVP of Accounting, this role will play a key role in accounting for multiple concurrent multi-family development projects for our expanding residential rental portfolio. If you enjoy working in a fun and fast-paced environment and have a passion for the residential property management and development industry, then we welcome your application.
What you are great at doing:
- Working as part of a team to manage the property accounting for $500 million in assets under management,
- Completing full-cycle accounting and month-end close for residential rental properties, commercial and development properties,
- Bank reconciliations as required,
- Providing financial statement analysis and variance commentary on residential rental properties, commercial and development properties,
- Processing monthly and year end journal entries, adjustments and accruals,
- Maintaining balance sheet working papers and reconciliations,
- Maintaining and monitoring cash balances for portfolio of properties,
- Preparing financial budgeting for assigned properties,
- Assisting in annual audit and Real Estate Council of BC trust audit requirements,
- Preparing working papers and support for annual T2 and T5013 tax filings,
- Preparing and processing property management fees and related fees from the property management agreement,
- Communicating effectively and professionally with internal departments and external shareholders, financial institutions, vendors, and legal teams,
- Building policies and procedures, and creating framework,
- Other duties as assigned.
What you need to be successful:
- Holds a CPA designation,
- 3-5 years of experience in property accounting or general accounting,
- Highly organized, attentive to detail, self-starting problem solver,
- Ability to work with constantly changing priorities and managing multiple projects simultaneously,
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written,
- Self-motivated, energetic, and keenly interested in all aspects of property development accounting,
- Experience in MS Dynamics 365 or equivalent property management/development accounting software.
Why choose us:
- We are a supportive team which thrives on collaboration and innovation,
- We have an exciting pipeline of projects,
- We regularly engage in fun corporate social activities and charitable events,
- We provide our team with a comprehensive extended health plan.
I understand that checks of my personal background are essential to determine my suitability for Pacific Cove Property Management Ltd. These background checks will include the following elements:
1/ A search of publicly available records (including social media, court records, news reports, etc.)
2/ Professional reference checks
In connection with this process, I consent to the background search elements described above.